Spring is always a little late in Cape Town but it has finally sprung properly in Noordhoek.
SHOPPING: Great summer leisure wear at Namaste (& new Havianas too!), beautiful summer dress at o.ne shop, fun summer South African T-shirts at Zimbabalooba, leather sandals at the Tack Shop…. plus scour around for fun outdoor decor.
I think flowers in Spring which means Greencube Nursery. Click here to receive a voucher for 10% off any all plant purchases for the month of October. More hot news is that Greencube Nursery is now a collection point for the ethical co-op.
FOODBARN NEWS: 021 789 1390
- Deli by Day and Tapas by Night! Yes, if you didn’t know The Foodbarn Deli transforms into a tapas restaurant every Tuesday – Saturday evenings! Not to be missed.
- Nitida Special menu will continue until the end of October 2011 with a new menu every week. R165 for 3 course, R185 for 4 course and R215 for 5 course – with wine of course!
- Cooking demos were due to finish at the end of October but due to popular demand have been extended to the end of Nov. But it’s still not many left for 2011. Book now!
- Special function – Monthly wine evening will be a fundraiser for St Luke’s Hospice featuring 5 courses, Nitida wines and guest speakers Gary Kirsten and Robin Jackman on 29th October. Tickets R350.
- More Foodbarn News …
CAFE ROUX EVENTS: 021 789 2538
- Braai Nights are back! Starting on Friday the 21st.. braai nights will now be on Fridays and fires ready from 5pm. Choose your meat – prices range from R15 for boerewors to R40 for steaks. Potato bake and selection of salads are available with your braai. Kids menu available! Booking is recommended!
14TH October: Fundraiser for Noordhoek Common will be held at Cafe Roux. Shanty will rock your socks off with traditional songs from the English speaking world! Music and dance plus dinner for R150 a head.
- 29th October: Halloween Party – Dress up time! You know you want to! You know you love it! R50 a ticket – put on your witches and wizards and daring little devil fancy dress outfits and join the party.
- Every Saturday between 10h30 and 12h30 Noordhoek Farm village has free kids activities on the bandstand. This month we have Pick a Box, Fun in the Sun Carnival Game, Making Marine mobiles from flotsam and jetsam; a Treasure Quest and a Halloween Dress Up Competition. Check the events page on the website or like us on facebook for reminders.
THE TOAD NEWS: 021 789 2973
- They are the VERY Proud Potjie Champions!
- It’s all about the Rugga! Rugby World Cup 2011, Rugby World Cup 2011, Rugby World Cup 2011 and the Web Ellis trophy. If you’re not in the stands there is no better place to watch the game! Quarter Finals (SA vs Australia) this Sunday the 7th October 2011 at 7am! Be there!
- Oh wait… they still have quiz night every Tuesday evening and curry nights on Mondays!