Table Mountain is in the running to become one of the New7Wonders of Nature, but this South African attraction is falling behind and needs YOUR vote!
The New7Wonders will be announced on November 11, 2011 and they need your help to ensure our mountain has a place in the history books.
Noordhoek Farm Village votes and so do the Springboks. Celebrity ambassadors are throwing their weight behind the Vote for Table Mountain Campaign and the Springbok ambassadors include: Captain John Smit, Schalk Burger, Tendai “Beast” Mtawarira, Butch James, Bryan Habana, Jean de Villiers, Jaque Fourie, Andries Bekker, Morne Steyn, Jannie du Plessis, Gurthro Steenkamp and coach Peter de Villiers.
They join ambassadors such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Jo-Ann Strauss, Liezel van der Westhuizen and Stuart Taylor. These celebrity ambassadors have shown their support for the Vote for Table Mountain campaign through their various roles in the South African media, entertainment, sporting and humanitarian industries.
“South Africans have to make sure that our flat-topped wonder makes it into the final seven. It’s a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to create a legacy, an opportunity that we can’t ignore – there will never be another election like it. Once the final seven are decided, that’s it,” says Sabine Lehmann, chairperson of the Table Mountain Bid Committee.
Why should you vote?
- Preservation: Table Mountain is on the shortlist of the 28 most wondrous natural sites on earth but they want to be in the final 7! Getting into the Top 7 Natural Wonders will help to preserve our precious mountain for generations to come.
- Tourism Income: An independent impacts report predicts that if Table Mountain is named as one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature, it could generate R1.4 billion tourism bonanza annually for South Africa. Makes sense to us!
How do you vote?
Voting is EASY and you can do it as often as you like! In fact the more often the better – and get your mother and your brother, your sister and your cousin, your granny and your niece to vote as well! All you have to do is:
- SMS the word “Table” to 34874. Each SMS costs R2.
- Vote online for Table Mountain. Click here.
Noordhoek Farm Village has voted – have you?!
Who is the competition?
- Amazon, South America
- Angel Falls, Venezuala
- Bay of Fundy, Canada
- Black Forest, Germany
- Bu Tinah Island, United Arab Emirates
- Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- Dead Sea, Israel, Jordan, Palestine
- El Yunque, Puerto Rico
- Galapagos, Ecuador
- Grand Canyon, USA
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Halong Bay, Vietnam
- Iguazu Falls, Argentina, Brazil
- Jeita Grotto, Lebanon
- Jeju Island, Korea (South)
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Komoda, Indonesia
- Maldives, Maldives
- Masurian Lake District, Poland
- Matterhorn/Cervino, Switzerland
- Milford Sound, New Zealand
- Mud Volcanoes, Azerbaijan
- PP Underground River, Philippines
- Sundarbans, Bangladesh, India
- Table Mountain, South Africa
- Uluru, Australia
- Vesuvius, Italy
- Yushan, Chinese Taipei