It seems window shopping is pretty popular especially when it comes to Noordhoek Art and framing shop at Noordhoek Farm Village. Depending on when you visit, you might find Ethiopian Coptic crosses made out of pewter, vintage hubbly bubblies, old hand painted Chinese scrolls and even centuries old Japanese lacquer bowls. Once you start browsing you’ll find yourself wondering about the interesting stories that must lie behind each of the items in this store.
Here are some more fascinating and unusual items that you could find in this store that is an Aladdin’s Cave for antique hunters. All items pictured below.
- A vintage Javanese “Wayang Golek” puppet (R650)
- A large “Fang” mask from Gabon (R1100)
- Vintage Turkish samovars (R550 large; R450 medium) with a 19th Century turkish coffee grinder (R450); a vintage solid Brass tray (R350) all resting on a Vintage “Kashan” Persian Rug (R1500)
Dig around, browse and most definitely ASK about the items in the store. Whilst most items are well displayed with labels and stories of explanation – there are more details that the knowledgeable staff will be able to assist you with in your antique journey of discovery. Take the pieces pictured below for example:
- A Shelley Cluety 1950′s paper weight (R550)
- An 18th Century Anglo Irish moulded cut glass bonbonier (R780)
- Highly collectable Clarice Cliff “Autumn Leaves & Berries” salver (R690)
If you are a lover of silver not brass and ceramics not glass, then there is still something for you at Noordhoek Art.
- A vintage silver plate water pitcher (R350) and a Vintage Heavy silver plate snack platter (R350)
- A selection of unique ceramic plates imprinted with the lace from antique wedding dresses in the “Old Lace and Love” ceramics collection by local artist Michele Koch (Prices range from R80)
- Vintage 3 branch candelabra (R580) – pictured below.
Call Noordhoek Art on 021 789 2287 or pop into Noordhoek Farm Village and do some collectable and antique shopping at Noordhoek Art. Open 7 days a week from 9am – 5pm. They are located opposite theToad in the Village and next to the Foodbarn Deli and Bakery!
The Pink Dot specials at Noordhoek Farm Village – honour women all month (August) at Noordhoek Farm Village and there are some super shopping bargains for women from 15 – 25% off selected items in various shopping stores.