DATE: 22 July 2011
COST: R200 dinner and show.
BOOKINGS: 021 789 2538
Do yourself a favour a pop into Cafe Roux to catch James Stewart performing live. Booking is essential so we recommend booking sooner rather than later. This is a live music show with a Cafe Roux dinner! Fabulous! (check out info on the new menu at Cafe Roux)
- Spicy Thai chicken noodle bowl
- Bangers & mash
- Café Roux burger
- Gnocchi with butternut & gorgonzola cream
See what James has been up to below….
“James has been busy. Writing music for films. He has also co-produced singles for Jack Parrow and Natasha Meister which will hit the airwaves in the coming months. In the process he has met some really nice people – some of whom play instruments. Morne and Maresa are two such people. They have been touting their wares at pubs and clubs around Cape Town for some time and jumped at the idea to join James for some summer sundowner sets in Franschhoek which worked so well we wanted more……
James, Maresa & Morne will meander through an evening of James’s favorite songs – ones he wrote and a few he didn’t.”
As singer, songwriter for The Usual, he achieved fame in the late 90s with enduring classics like ‘the shape that I’m in ‘ and ‘like a vision, securing the band a special place in the hearts and homes of music lovers throughout South Africa.
James and The Usual were rewarded with two national number 1′s, two national number 2′s, two South African Music Awards and a string of Top Tens. His musical exploits have taken him to the UK, USA, Thailand and Australia where he has been collaborating and networking with key writers, producers and industry leaders.
- Fri 22 July 2011: James Stewart will be live with a dinner and show evening.
- Nik Ribinowitz – South African Stand-Up Comedian of the year in 2008 and 2009! Side splitting laughter always ensues when Nik is on stage.
- Rob Van Vuuren – “Twakkie” from Corne & Twakkie fame but Rob a whole lot funnier and more talented than Twakkie. Seeing is believing!
- Mary Steward – old favourite at Café Roux following her wonderful comedy the Men’s Room., in which she shared all she knows about boys and men.
- Me and Mr Brown play live at Cafe Roux every Sunday from 2pm
Café Roux is open 7 days a week from 08h30 – 17h00 for breakfast and lunch.