Family, friends, wine and food is what Café Roux at Noordhoek Farm Village is all about! And the good news is that the food just got better with the launch of their new menu!
The new menu has been created with their customers in mind and there are a few unexpected twists and a slightly Eastern Flair! I very quickly spotted a Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle bowl and a crunchy Asian Salad with beef and noodles which sounded delicious in the salad section.
I remain a bit of a traditionalist at times though and I was relieved to see that Café Roux has retained some old favourites so you won’t be disappointed if you arrive at Noordhoek Farm Village to see the bulkier menu in the hands of the Café Roux patrons.
Breakfast (Kitchen open until 11am) retains variety offering everything from warm oats porridge to a farmer’s omelette. The famous Earl’s all Day Breakfast is still on the menu and you can also select French toast or one of my all time favourites – the Eggs Benedict.
Lunch which is served between 12 noon and 3.30pm now has a larger selection of salads, sandwiches and wraps and the burgers will always be consistent. That Eastern Flair I mentioned earlier has allowed duck spring rolls to creep onto the starters menu and there is also a lovely tapas board served as a starter. Some other interesting additions included the Mexican Style wrap and a Spicy Tiger Prawn curry.
The new menu is brand new so sadly I haven’t had a chance to taste the new additions yet, but I am signed up to test them out! For those with a sweet tooth – malva pudding, the Chocolate Brownie and Pavlovas are still there! And the daily blackboard of specials will never go away!
- Fri 22 July 2011: James Stewart will be live with a dinner and show evening.
- Nik Ribinowitz – South African Stand-Up Comedian of the year in 2008 and 2009! Side splitting laughter always ensues when Nik is on stage.
- Rob Van Vuuren – “Twakkie” from Corne & Twakkie fame but Rob a whole lot funnier and more talented than Twakkie. Seeing is believing!
- Mary Steward – old favourite at Café Roux following her wonderful comedy the Men’s Room., in which she shared all she knows about boys and men.
- Me and Mr Brown play live at Cafe Roux every Sunday from 2pm
Café Roux is open from 8.30am – 5.00pm. Tel: 021 789 2538
Noordhoek Farm Village: Facebook Page - become a fan for the latest news.
Noordhoek Farm Village: twitter – @Noordhoekfarm - follow us!